• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Best tasting menu in NYC?

seven of diamonds

• 2 weeks later...

Price no object, or are you looking for best price-to-performance?

In purely food terms, I'd say my first choice would be Chef's Table at Brooklyn Fare for "price no object", and suggest you consider Degustation for a value-oriented "price-to-performance" pick. I'd put Per Se, Momofuku Ko, L'atelier de Joel Robuchon, and Jean Georges right after BK Fare for the no object category.

Also, if price is truly no object, and you're a fan of Japanese food, you probably have to consider Masa as well. (Also in the kaiseki vein, Brushstroke, Kyo Ya and the omakase bar at Morimoto are great. Note: the omakase bar is a totally separate experience and has a different menu from the rest of Morimoto and shouldn't be confused with ordering the "omakase" in the main restaurant.)