• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
seven of diamonds

Best tasting menu in NYC?

10 posts in this topic

Actually, both would be nice! A range of people's favorites would probably include both of these.

If you look at the a la carte menu, you'll see that the pricing on the Aldea tasting menu makes no sense.

I love that place, but it doesn't pay to stray from the carte there.

My favorite tasting menus are: Per Se, Eleven Madison Park, Bouley, Momofuku Ko, and Picholine.

Price no object, or are you looking for best price-to-performance?

In purely food terms, I'd say my first choice would be Chef's Table at Brooklyn Fare for "price no object", and suggest you consider Degustation for a value-oriented "price-to-performance" pick. I'd put Per Se, Momofuku Ko, L'atelier de Joel Robuchon, and Jean Georges right after BK Fare for the no object category.

Also, if price is truly no object, and you're a fan of Japanese food, you probably have to consider Masa as well. (Also in the kaiseki vein, Brushstroke, Kyo Ya and the omakase bar at Morimoto are great. Note: the omakase bar is a totally separate experience and has a different menu from the rest of Morimoto and shouldn't be confused with ordering the "omakase" in the main restaurant.)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0