• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Replacement gaskets for Foodsavers?

jrshaul

I recently discovered my "sold as working" Foodsaver Compact II is missing the rubber bit that pushes the bag into the heating element. Foodsaver doesn't list any replacement parts on their websites, and I can't find one on eBay. Does anyone know where I can find one of these?

I recently discovered my "sold as working" Foodsaver Compact II is missing the rubber bit that pushes the bag into the heating element. Foodsaver doesn't list any replacement parts on their websites, and I can't find one on eBay. Does anyone know where I can find one of these?

Came across this site purely by accident a couple of days ago. Have never used them so I am not endorsing them.

click

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

Call Foodsaver Customer Support at 877-777-8042. If this product has a moedel number it should be on the bottom of the unit.

I have a Foodsaver Professional II model that needed new gaskets (upper and lower).

Their response was exceptional, parts were cheap, and they shipped to me at no charge.

And their agent was REALLY pleasant and helpful.

Yes, I about the model because I was going to look it up on their web site for you.

I have the one that folds up vertical. The foam gaskets dried out and got compressed about 2 years ago.

I ordered the replacements directly from Foodsaver.com It cost all of about $13.00 with tax and shipping to NYC.

If they don't have your exact model they probably have the part for a similar one that fits yours.

Also, you may try removing the gasket and soaking it soapy water over night to rehydrate it. Sometimes that works ("sometimes").

I bought mine secondhand; the gasket is missing entirely.

I've managed to fashion one from foam and duct tape, and it seems to be working so far. I'm debating just buying a better vacuum sealer, as this one doesn't produce a very impressive vacuum.