• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

weinoo

Starbucks Goes Blonde

27 posts in this topic

I'm not much of a coffee connoisseur, but there is one within walking distance and I pretty much live on it. I would be curious to know if there are any alternatives to coffee houses that I might try in order to gage the difference.

Then again when I say 'coffee' I mean sweet syrupy type drinks loaded with sugar and a pinch of coffee.

It seems as though they are kind of the McDonald's of coffee as in they have a new flavor of the month .

On a side note I think their instant VIA stuff is passable for the lazy tired morning coffee drinker.

Then again when I say 'coffee' I mean sweet syrupy type drinks loaded with sugar and a pinch of coffee.

That's a whole different ballgame: my Saturday morning ritual includes a stop at Starbucks for a Mocha (grande, one pump, nonfat, no whip... sometimes they even get it right!). And I agree that VIA is an acceptable "coffee of last resort" when the next option is McDonald's <shudder>.

Chris Hennes
Director of Operations
chennes@egullet.org