• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Wickmans Video Tasting Notes

Wickmans

Under vendors instructions, I put out a call on Twitter and facebook last week for help tasting through some wine they wished to have evaluated from the cellar for sale in the next auction.

A few people threw themselves into the fray and popped around to try out some wines and help me iron out bugs in my video making processes:

Cheers

-Mark Wickman

Wickmans Fine Wine Auctions

Under vendors instructions, I put out a call on Twitter and facebook the other week for help tasting through some wine they wished to have evaluated from the cellar.

A few people threw themselves on some bottles and popped around to try out some wines and help me iron out bugs in my video making processes.

This one is the extremely edited version (1 minute) of the 2008 Rockford Basket Press Shiraz from the Barossa, South Australia.

Cheers

-Mark Wickman

Under vendors instructions, I put out a call on Twitter and facebook the other week for help tasting through some wine they wished to have evaluated from the cellar.

A few people threw themselves on some bottles and popped around to try out some wines and help me iron out bugs in my video making processes.

This one is the edited version (under 1 minute) of the 2009 Glaetzer Amon-Ra Barossa Shiraz.

Cheers

-Mark Wickman

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Went along to the early bird tasting at Magill estate this morning. Very pleasantly suprised at the quality of this Grange from such a difficult vintage.

Dark crimson. Nose tight and unyielding but eventually giving up some redcurrent and cherry. On the palate a lovely fruit sweetness, muscular and balanced with good acidity wound around a stiff backbone of gun barrel tannins.

Cheers

-Mark Wickman

"...gun barrel tannins."

wtfits?

:rolleyes:

So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money. But when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness."

So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...