• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Seattle Indian restaurant

My 10 year log enjoyed wonderful Indian food on a visit to Chicago & now insists we must find something good here in Settle. I warned him this might not be possible since I've never heard of good Indian food here. Let me know if you've found anything you like here other than Poppy which we know & love. It's a bit pricey for an entire family.

Try one of the two locations for India Bistro (Ballard or Roosevelt). The owner is a spice importer, maybe that's why the flavors taste so much fresher than is typical (I've spent time in India and cook Indian myself so I'm fairly picky).

And if you ever have the opportunity to go to Vancouver BC, definitely check out Vij's.

Indian is like BBQ. People have radically different ideas of what is good. My wife and I personally like Roti in Queen Anne quite a bit. We get it for takeout quite often. I would not recommend the lunch buffet. But the tikka masala and lamb korma and garlic naan is quite good.

It is no Vij's. VIj's is awesome.