• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Toliver

McDonald's 2013–

I think

McD

2 for five

Im thinking about it for the Mac.

Im blessed as I have Extra Statins !

suprise.gif.ff553496547ade4285d2229436f6d8e4.gif

money-mouth.gif.5e174e8164a4e507bb4a73f82cd01e3e.gif

• Haha 1

"McDonald’s adds Donut Sticks to breakfast menu"

McDonald’s is making another major play to raise the profile of its breakfast and coffee menus with the introduction of McCafé Donut Sticks. 

The Chicago-based chain said it is doubling down on breakfast with the Feb. 20 unveiling of the sugary, churro-style treats. The nationwide debut of Donut Sticks comes after extensive testing last year to perfect everything from the shape of the donut to the amount of cinnamon sugar needed for each stick.

The result: crispy sticks prepared in “existing kitchen fryers” and served “hot, crispy and golden brown” with no microwaves, the company said.

• Like 2

I hope the filets o'fish get fried in different oil from the Donut Sticks.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, MelissaH said:

I hope the filets o'fish get fried in different oil from the Donut Sticks.

They would probably use the fryers used for the apple and cherry pies (do they still have them?)

When I worked there - as a kid, so many, many years ago - we had 3 fryers.  A double fryer for french fries, one for fish and one for the pies.

55 minutes ago, blue_dolphin said:

They would probably use the fryers used for the apple and cherry pies (do they still have them?)

When I worked there - as a kid, so many, many years ago - we had 3 fryers.  A double fryer for french fries, one for fish and one for the pies.

I thought the only pies currently available were baked apple pies. Not that I know for sure, because for us, McD's is exclusively road food, what we eat in the car when we haven't been able to pack something to come with us. My husband thinks their burgers are easier to eat with one hand than other fast food.

• Like 1

McD :

just melt the cheese

done

Mickey D's pies are all baked now. My standard breakfast en route to an early morning meeting I have once a month, an hour and 15 minutes away, is an apple pie, hash browns and a big orange juice (I have my coffee with me in the big ol' road mug). Wouldn't do to have my stomach growling at the meeting with my biggest client.

• Like 3

It's that time of year again:

"McDonald's is ready for St. Patrick's Day with the limited return of Shamrock Shakes"

Shamrock Shake fans are catching a lucky break.

More than a month before St. Patrick's Day, McDonald's popular minty shake is back at participating locations nationwide, the Oak Brook, Ill.-based fast-food chain announced.

The drink is slated to stick around for a week after the traditional Irish holiday through March 24, while supplies last.ted return of Shamrock Shakes"