• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Turkey Deep Fyer for Chicken Wings?

Tim Dolan

I do not have a turkey deep fryer, and I'm not interested in deep frying a turkey anytime soon. However, I do love chicken wings and I'm thinking that a turkey deep fryer would do quite a nice job frying up some wings. In my opinion most kitchen model deep fryers are inadequate. They're small, messy, and don't hold heat well enough. Frying chicken wings in a turkey fryer would eliminate all the splattering oil in the kitchen since it's outside and would be good for making more than, say, 10 wings, which is what most kitchen models can effciently cook at once. I know I'm not the first backyard MacGuyver to think this up. Anyone have any luck with this?

I would kill everyone in this room for a drop of sweet beer...

Homer Simpson

why not get a deep heavy cast iron 'pot'

http://www.amazon.com/Lodge-L8DOL3-Pre-Seasoned-5-Quart-Handles/dp/B00063RWYI/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1325188649&sr=8-4

you get a clip on dial thermometer which you clip on the inside, get your oil to the min. depth, fire it up and the cast iron will 'hold the heat' you could get one of those spatter guards for the top to eliminate 'spray' but the depth of this pot may made that unnesesary.

deep fried chicken wings in my front yard

food 351.jpg

food 354.jpg

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

OK

I give up

you are interested in an Industrial Chicken Wing set up

its what youve seen

Not too cold where you live?

Outdoors?

well this is it then.

pls send pics when you get it set up.

maybe you can become a fan of

Salted and Spiced Calamari?

I think we got the insert separatly but probabley at home depot, thats where we got the cooker also.

We were standing in an inch of rain water...no worry about the pine needles :smile:

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association