• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ElsieD

ElsieD

41 minutes ago, Midlife said:

I find pretty good tenderness at 140° but may give 130° a try next time. What’s interesting is that the Joule shows the same 1.5 hours for BOTH temps. 

This is the part 2 of the general sous vide topics.  Ithere is a part 1 but i'm having trouble copying the link.  You may find this of interest.  There are other sous vide topics specific to a cut/type of meat.

https://forums.egullet.org/topic/151649-what-are-you-cooking-sous-vide-today-part-2/

ElsieD

ElsieD

37 minutes ago, Midlife said:

I find pretty good tenderness at 140° but may give 130° a try next time. What’s interesting is that the Joule shows the same 1.5 hours for BOTH temps. 

This is the part 1 of the general sous vide topics.  You may find this of interest.  There are other topics specific to an item.

ElsieD

ElsieD

35 minutes ago, Midlife said:

This is the part 1 of the general sous vide topics.  You may find this of interest.  There are other topics specific to an item.