• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Spot for a serious drink right near Marea/Time Warner?

LPShanet

Any thoughts on places to get a drink before dinner at Marea? Looking for a place that does serious cocktails, and has a good atmosphere without being too touristy. Was hoping to do better than Stone Rose at Time Warner, and anyplace too touristy. (For reference, my downtown preferences are in the PDT/Pegu/Milk & Honey/Mayahuel vein.) Thanks!

Any thoughts on places to get a drink before dinner at Marea? Looking for a place that does serious cocktails, and has a good atmosphere without being too touristy. Was hoping to do better than Stone Rose at Time Warner, and anyplace too touristy. (For reference, my downtown preferences are in the PDT/Pegu/Milk & Honey/Mayahuel vein.) Thanks!

If you find one, let me know. I spend a fair amount of time in that area and have never found anything comparable.

Not quite in the same league as PDT et al., but you can do the Mandarin Oriental. The drinks are still pretty good and the prices/location (at the top of the Time Warner) keep out a lot of the tourists.

To the contrary, the people drinking there seem exclusively to be non-NYC natives.