• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chocolate source

ncorrigbl

Hi all! I'm on Long Island, NY, looking for a source of good chocolate and white chocolate that wont break the bank. Need it for Christmas confections (peppermint bark, coating caramels, etc) and refuse to use the melting wafers available locally (Merkens and Wilton).

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Heather

Qzina has an outlet in outlet in New Jersey. A business licence is not required to purchase from them (at least in Canada).

I've found the Trader Joe's bars very satisfactory in the past, and also big bars that I've bought at Walmart - I think they were called Watermark or something similar.

Here in Canada at Loblaw stores we have the 'President's Choice' brand - they make excellent large bars of couverature.

Edited by Kerry Beal (log)