• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Next (restaurant) e-book series by Grant Achatz

LindaK

• 6 months later...

I tweeted Nick Kokonas back in early July about the other cookbooks and he said that they were "nearly done...just need to encode and go". Anybody with a connection know anything more? I loved cooking from the Paris book and am dying for more.

I was beginning to think that they had abandoned the eBook idea, but now there's a glimmer of hope again. From a piece in Chicagoist about Christian Seel, the guy who does their promo films, and who compiled the original Paris eBook:

Chicagoist: You mentioned the electronic cookbooks earlier; do you think they will be released?

CS: They have been talking about a couple different things that I can’t really share at this time, but yes, I am still photographing and we are still producing content. When and how they are released publicly, I don’t honestly know.

• 11 months later...

Looks like the Ebooks are not dead...

http://eater.com/archives/2014/05/22/first-look-nexts-tour-of-thailand-digital-cookbook.php

Seems exciting but I wonder if they will sell enough to justify finishing the series...

It is a very beautiful. The recipes are given in restaurant quantities but since the book gives metric/Imperial measurements it should not be too difficult to make family size dishes.

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog