• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Paul A Young chocolatier job interview tomorrow

punk patissier

So......after about 2 years of trying, i finally have a job interview at Paul A Youngs chocolatier in London tomorrow. Its for an assistant job but il gladly start from the bottom and work up. Ive got expierience in chocolate thanks to Various chefs ive worked for/with but was wondering if anyone had any advice/quick revision tips or access to resources that could help me with some quick last minute revision? Ive done the ground work, got some pics of previous work ive done but any advice would be great. Ive a feeling i need to impress as jobs here are very few and far between and are also much sought after.

Cheers

If you have his book I would have a good read of it, especially the notes on matching different chocolate types to different flavoured foods.

He does some very inventive combinations. I would guess he wants his staff to have an excellent palette as much as technical skills.

Anyway GOOD LUCK

lapin