• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

JoNorvelleWalker

JoNorvelleWalker

What I have in stock are:

Ayocote Morado

Ayocote Amarillo

Ayocote Blanco

Rio Zape

Moro

Yellow Eye

Royal Corona

Pinquitos

And I just spilled a bag of chickpeas.  (Steve might consider more upscale packaging.)

In the past Ayocote have been problematic.  Moro was good.  But Rio Zape has been my favorite -- possibly why I have only a quarter pound left that I could find.  So I think for tonight it boils down to either Moro or Pinquitos.

@kayb the last of my Cranberry went off to a pot of Georgian stewed beans with herbs, one of the best bean dishes I have had:

Lobio03222018.png

Edit:  and I forgot, still a couple pounds of Marcella beans.

JoNorvelleWalker

JoNorvelleWalker

What I have in stock are:

Ayocote Morado

Ayocote Amarillo

Ayocote Blanco

Rio Zape

Moro

Yellow Eye

Royal Corona

Pinquitos

And I just spilled a bag of chickpeas.  (Steve might consider more upscale packaging.)

In the past Ayocote have been problematic.  Moro was good.  But Rio Zape has been my favorite -- possibly why I have only a quarter pound left that I could find.  So I think for tonight it boils down to either Moro or Pinquitos.

@kayb the last of my Cranberry went off to a pot of Georgian stewed beans with herbs, one of the best bean dishes I have had:

Lobio03222018.png