• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Where to buy elderflowers in London or England

Hello.

My friend is visiting London soon, and I'd like her to help me buy some dried elderflowers to make cordial and puddings. Can someone advise where these can be purchased? Would it be a supermarket, or a health food store?

Thank you.

lt

The Spicery sell them mail order (have bought a few bits from here, they're a good place to deal with). http://www.thespicery.com/pages/spices_menu/flowers/elderflower.html

Agree fresh would be better, but you wont find fresh until May or June next year. And never seen them for sale, you just find a tree and pick them!

Agree fresh would be better, but you wont find fresh until May or June next year. And never seen them for sale, you just find a tree and pick them!

Ah, didn't stop to think about when the fresh ones were available. Just have memories of my Dad gathering loads and making various home brews with them. And my Mum making cordial...