• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Gourmet Chinese Banquet

=Mark

I wonder how we would receive special products at $40/person. The underlying flavors might be the same, but I believe that, as with certain other cuisines, one fundamentally gets what one pays for at a reputable restaurant. Couldn't we give some direction to Ed? At what level of prices would potential participants wish to be operating? :hmmm:

I'd probably want to spend no more than $75 pp. Surely we can get an excellent meal for that. I personally am not all that interested in some of the "special" ingredients (was underwhelmed by sharks' fin soup; don't really like abalone)--what matters to me is the quality of the preparation.

Edited by BklynEats (log)

you two must be really close macrosan :biggrin: . anyway, count me in for at least one :raz::rolleyes: if ed decides he is intimidated by our foodie prowess, surely there is another among us who will step forward and arrange this monumentous event. I continue to await the chinese banquet messiah...perhaps she will only identify herself after we build her a temple? :laugh::shock::raz: