• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

• product-image-quickten.png.a40203b506711f7664fc62024e54a584.pngDid you know that these all-volunteer forums are operated by the 501(c)3 not-for-profit Society for Culinary Arts & Letters? This holiday season, consider a tax-deductible Quick Ten Bucks to support the eG Forums and help us remain completely advertising-free. Thanks to all those who have donated so far!

kayswv

Little Bird restaurant Portland

8 posts in this topic

We will be in Portland for three days the beginning of December. Are considering going to Little Bird one evening. Does anyone have recent experience dining there?

Thanks,

Kay

I ate there a few weeks ago, in late August, and had a fantastic experience. In fact, it was the best meal of my trip to the West Coast. Don't hesitate; go.

Matthew Kayahara

Kayahara.ca

@mtkayahara

Thanks Matthew,

Kay

Had a nice meal there. ate off the happy hour menu (6:00pm?, best call to find out how late it runs). Had a pretty good burger. I'd eat there again. Bistro style dining. good recent reviews.

We had dinner at Little Bird on Friday evening. Great food. Husband had the charcuterie platter and hanger steak. I had the butter lettuce salad with roasted squash and apple followed by the pork shoulder dish. This was the star of the evening. A goat cheese for dessert was the most outstanding one we have ever had.

Thanks for the earlier recommendations.

Kay

We dined at Little Bird a few months ago and loved it! Definitely make a reservation there. We also love their sister restaurant, Le Pigeon where we have dined several times. :)

Had dinner there a few months ago and were VERY pleased.

Life is short. Eat the roasted cauliflower first.