• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dinner in Ipswich?

We are off there this weekend and have a room overlooking the Marina. My girlfriend got it with the hope there will be some firework show on the marina but we dont even know if there will be. Its doubtful but it will be a nice evening all the same.

Food wise I have no clue about Ipswich. We are planning a trip to Jimmys farm and another farm near there that do an English form of waggo beef (yeah I know I spelt that wrong). Anyone have a recommendation?

Cheers

Chris

Hard to think of anywhere in Ipswich itself but you should try to get to The British Larder just north of Ipswich at Bromswell (or Bromsgrove). It is just past Woodbridge Golf Club and is worth the effort. Other than that, you could spend some time in Woodbridge, lots to do and try and on the waterfront.

The Suffolk Food Hall at Wherstead is good for produce, especially meat and beyond the Butt and Oyster - decent fish and chips right on the Orwell Estury , lovely views and a good walk.