• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Ursino restaurant

sjr3

Just tried a new place called Ursino. It's unusual cause its on Kean University campus, but its a regular public restaurant. A friend of mine took me there because we used to frequent David Drakes and his former chef Peter Turso is the chef here, and Richard Spaulding the manager, also from Drakes. Everything we tried was great, especially the fire and ice oysters, half served cold and half hot, both delicious. I could have eaten them all night. Also the salmon was realy good, served over diced eggplant and french green beans in a tomato-fennel broth. The warm chocolate souffle cake was awesome! I'd go back just for that.

Anyway. seems like it has alot of potential. A place to keep an eye on for sure.

So, we went to Ursino on Saturday night. The place is beautiful. We ordered the mussels and the cavatelli for appetizers and the short ribs and the scallops for dinner. Everything was delicious. We will definitely go back.

Susan

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

We went there on 3/10/12. The food was great and we will return! BUT not on a Saturday night. It was terribly noisy and the service was very delayed. One hours wait for appetizers (tho well worth the wait they were so yummy. Ten minutes to get an extra soup spoon so I could share my delicious soup.

The hostess said they were going to do something about the noise -- there are all hard surfaces on the walls and ceiling.