• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chef Collaborations

awbrig

Chef Ripert,

I had the pleasure of eating at the gala dinner that you and Charlie Trotter worked together on a few years back for Charlie's 13th Anniversary. One of the best meals of my life - I had the menu framed and it hangs my kitchen:smile:

Question: Could you tell me some of your thoughts/experiences about working with other well respected chefs across the country and how you collaborate on a special menu. It must be an interesting process working with other chefs - as you most likely have completely different styles and preparations etc...Also, do you have any special collaboration dinners in the upcoming months working with other chefs? Thank you very much!

I had a great time cooking with Charlie Trotter....

It is very important for the Chefs to interact between them. We always give and take in those events. I always see new ingredients, learn new techniques and even hear good gossip. It's a good promotiuon for new potential clientele. We always eat and drink well. It is important to do those events, but I always pace myself; my real priority is to take care of Le Bernardin.

In January, I'll do something with Commander's Palace at Le Bernardin, also one event in Florida with Rocco di Spirito. In February, we will host an event for the (newly formed) Jean Louis Palladin Foundation with French Chefs (only women Chefs).

• Like 1