• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Shirataki Noodles Under Vacuum?

bigchef

Hi everyone! I've been eating a lot of Konjac shirataki noodles (not the ones with tofu) to help with my diet. They have no flavor on their own but take on the flavour of what they are cooked with. "dry roasting" them in the pan before hand helps their texture as well. I have two questions:

1) Can I drain all or at least most of the water they come in and vacume seal them to reduce storage space? (I have loads of these things)

2) If I place them with sauce and vacume seal it will they become mushy?

Cannt wait to hear what you all think.

Thanks in advance everyone!

I can't help with the vacuum sealing, but I do use the noodles regularly. In both cases above are you talking about storing in the refrigerator versus the freezer? My experience with the freezer is that they turn into tough nasty textured wires.