• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Restaurants in Geneva and Basel

SeAAttle

I will spend a few days on my own in Basel and then go to Geneva for a conference.

Will stay in the old town in Basel so any recommendations within a reasonable walking distance would be appreciated. An older thread gives a rather limited selection but it's 3 years old. Prefer local cuisine rather, but will certainly consider anything that comes highly recommended.

In Geneva, I am responsible for finding a restaurant for dinner with a couple of friends from Australia who enjoy fine dining in a pleasant setting. I know the cost will be high so we are probably not interested in the very top tier. Will be staying at the Starling Hotel and Resort, not in the main downtown area.

Thanks for any recommendations.