• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Menu featuring White Truffles November in Manhattan

Aloha Steve

We will be in NYC Thanksgiving weekend. Anyone know a restaurant that will have very good menu offerings, staring fresh imported White Truffle?

edited for grammar & spelling. I do it 95% of my posts so I'll state it here. :)

"I have never developed indigestion from eating my words."-- Winston Churchill

Talk doesn't cook rice. ~ Chinese Proverb

Per Se usually has them and they have a phenomenal risotto dish which is then covered with shaved white truffles tableside. Look at the Per Se thread on eGullet and there are several posts about it, including one from me many years ago.

A great suggestion. We plan on trying to get a reservation for Per Se.

I was hoping for a supplemental White Truffle menu someplace being available.

FYI, in LV over the last weekend of Sept. we had fresh White Truffle at Sirio Ristorante. I asked to see it, it was smallish but it tasted great!

Edited by Aloha Steve (log)

edited for grammar & spelling. I do it 95% of my posts so I'll state it here. :)

We will be in NYC Thanksgiving weekend. Anyone know a restaurant that will have very good menu offerings, staring fresh imported White Truffle?

Definitely Del Posto would be my first thought. I had a stunning, truffle-studded meal there last year.

Other options are Felidia, SD26 and maybe Ai Fiori. But Del Posto would be the place to start.

Edited by LPShanet (log)

EMP normally do something pretty special I seem to remember

Went for lunch a couple of weeks ago and they were offering white truffle for one of the courses (I think it was $95 supplement). My friend got it in a risotto (picture), shaved table side. Very nice.

I have reservations at Del Posto :)

I'll be in LA and Napa next week and I have reservations for restaurants in each for one night and both

are projecting to have White Truffles :biggrin: