• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eG Foodblog: Alcuin (2011) - In the middle: Eating and Drinking on the

Alcuin

Enjoyed your blog very much.

Brought back my visit to Madison - two of us attended the NCA panning course at the university. We arrived late in the day - hungry - no regular restaurants still open - found a student pub. They suggested cheese curd. Well Beth and I both enjoy cheese curd and it seemed like a good idea - much to our surprise they brought out something deep fried! The look on our faces gave us away - when we asked what it was and they said it was the cheese curd - their next comment was "you're not from around here are you?"

I forgot to add. . . Maybe you could be the eG Heartland Gathering planner for 2013! I'd love to do it in Madison, and it's sort of within driving distance for me! (or maybe driving to MSP+a Megabus ride!)

Brilliant idea - Madison would be phenomenal for a Heartland Gathering.