• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Help with Chinese pressure cooker

andrestorrubia

Hi - I got this as a present:

57dbe546-b1a0-8ca2.jpg

57dbe546-b13a-9c29.jpg

But as you can see everything is in Chinese.

I've already tried one setting with wild rice and the results have been very nice, but as you can imagine I am flying blind.

Could anybody with Mandarin knowledge help me out, I am mostly interested in this:

57dbe546-b241-8896.jpg

And maybe (?) this:

57dbe546-b27e-9a07.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Your images are too small to see the characters properly.

If you would care to repost an image of the buttons in a larger size, I can forward the image to a friend who will be able to read it for you.

My Chinese is pretty elementary. In the group of 8 buttons, the first button in the top group on the left says "beans". The 3rd button from the left says "meat". The last button in the top group says "chicken". In the bottom row of buttons, the second from the left says "fish".

There is no love more sincere than the love of food - George Bernard Shaw

Fish?

What kind of fish you would cook in a PC?

:wacko:

dcarch

There are any number of recipes for fish cooked in a pressure cooker. :shock:

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

Yes, the Japanese do that too - oily fish chopped up and PC'd in soy till you can eat 'em bones and all.

By the way, I think top right is hot water, and the 'meat' one is 'meat/chicken', guessing from the Japanese equivalents.

QUIET!  People are trying to pontificate.

Top left in the Midea picture is 预约 = Presets

Right of that is Keep warm / close

口感 is a bit strange. It means "taste" No idea on this context. The three little buttons to the right may make it clearer but I can't see in your picture.

自选保压 means "manual setting"

The eight buttons at the bottom are presets for

Beans/Beef tendons - Congee (Rice porridge) - Meat/Chicken - Soup

Egg pudding - Fish - Xifan (Watery rice) - Rice

Sorry, I can't make out the other pics. Too small.

...your dancing child with his Chinese suit.

The Kitchen Scale Manifesto