• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

"Rockpool Bar & Grill" by Neil Perry

nickrey

Just purchased the ibooks version of this new book. It contains the recipes from the book plus a number of instructional videos on how to prepare some of the dishes.

Looking at the book, it is good to see sous vide entering the mainstream as just another cooking technique rather than some technological marvel. Neil Perry tells how they prepare the dishes in the restaurant, which is often sous vide, with times and temperatures. He then provides instruction on how to cook the dishes if you don't have the equipment.

This is a steak house book written by a chef whose original flagship restaurant, Rockpool, has been in the San Pellegrino World's top 50 Restaurants.

I'd totally recommend it either in paper or electronic form.

ps. for our US friends, the measurements come in metric, imperial, and cups.

Nick Reynolds, aka "nickrey"

"The Internet is full of false information." Plato
My eG Foodblog

Thanks for the heads up ... something else I need to buy!

Some of Perry's recipes from "The Food I Love" have become my staple go-to recipes - e.g. the cream corn without cream, the slow roasted beef, and the creme caramel.

There is no love more sincere than the love of food - George Bernard Shaw

For a number of reasons, I wound up with both the electronic and the hard copy of this book. Went through both today and must say that there are enough recipes missing from the iBooks version for me to recommend that you get the hard copy.

Nick Reynolds, aka "nickrey"

"The Internet is full of false information." Plato
My eG Foodblog

• 1 month later...