• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Home Cooking with Jean-Georges

DanM

This is turning out to be a great fall for cookbooks. First we had Ferran Adria and Heston Blumenthal releasing simple, family meal books, and now Jean-Georges Vongerichten has joined the game. Has anyone heard any early buzz on this book?

Edit to add... and it looks like Alain Ducasse will have a simple recipe book out next spring. I am really happy this trend of great chefs writing simple books is catching on.

Dan

Edited by DanM (log)

"Salt is born of the purest of parents: the sun and the sea." --Pythagoras.

• 1 month later...

Are you talking about the English translation of Ducasse's book, Nature? That's sort of a different concept. There are already a couple of sort of home cooking books by Ducasse -- the one "with Sophie" and the older one that contrasts his cooking with Francoise Bernard's where each comments on the other's recipes.

• 5 months later...

Hey, I just downloaded Jean-Georges' home cooking book on my Kindle (free from the library) and I'm really enjoying it. The recipes are interesting and accessible. Last night I made grilled chicken marinated in miso, lemon, rosemary, mint, garlic, chiles . . . Delicious, and it frankly had not occurred to me to mix rosemary'with miso. I have been downloading a lot of cookbooks (all from well-respected chefs) and Jean-Georges' is the only one I can see actually purchasing for my collection.