• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Abu Dhabi

I'm passing through Abu Dhabi later this year. I have two days there--tacked onto either end of my main trip--and want to check out two nice restaurants (fine dining or otherwise). I don't have enough time to travel to Dubai or any of the other emirates.

Any recommendations?

Chris Taylor

Host, eG Forums - ctaylor@egstaff.org

I've never met an animal I didn't enjoy with salt and pepper.

Melbourne
Harare, Victoria Falls and some places in between

The nicest restaurants will be in hotels, and the two nicest hotels are the completely over the top Emirates Palace, and the futurist and equally stunning Yas Island Hotel. I don't remember the name of the restaurants there, but the food at its several restaurants was really good. Hotels are also the only place in the UAE where you can drink. Of course, everywhere in the UAE is great for cheap and excellent South Asian food, but I can't name any places in Abu Dhabi, only Dubai. Still, if you see a place filled mostly with Pakistanis or Indians, it'll be a good bet