• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Free Tacos in Boston

Country

It's kind of late to be posting this, but an email just came in from the Boston Globe announcing Pollo Campero is celebrating National Taco Day with free tacos

"As food buffs know, Oct. 4 looms large on the culinary calendar --- it’s National Taco Day --- and to celebrate, the Pollo Campero chain said it is giving away free tacos at its East Boston and Chelsea restaurants."

I've never had a Pollo Campero taco, so I don't know if this is worth hurrying to or not.

Translation: Chicken Camp. It is the largest fast food chain in Latin America, as well as one of the world's largest fried chicken fast food chains. Look out Colonel Sanders!

Now, how could any self respecting foodie eat those tacos?

I have to admit my shame... Recently I ate a McDonald's chicken club sandwich. Two things come to mind: Bad value. $8.00 for a tiny, nothing sandwich, fries and drink. Secondly, Bad food. Tasteless cardboard. Even the brittle bacon and supposed "Swiss cheese" didn't help.

Banished from Chowhound; I like it just fine on eGullet!

If you`re not big enough to lose, you`re not big enough to win! Try this jalapeno, son. It ain't hot...