• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dining @ Nostrana

Enjoyed it so much, I went back a second time (and enjoyed it again).

Nostrana Salad - ordered it both times

wood fire pizza - ordered it both times

roasted/smoked chicken - perfectly cooked, but the smoking made the chicken taste like bacon.

Absolutely the crazy/best olive oil I have ever tasted for dipping (i kid not).

marion berry crisp - excellent

located in a strip mall, but don't dispair, very nice vib, great food, great service, great decor, you can dine outside (when it isn't raining).

I'll be going back.

Thanx for the insight. We'll be trying it next weekend. Since I'm hauling up a load of wine to consume over the weekend, how's their corkage fees and service? Do they decant?

"I drink to make other people interesting".

• 2 weeks later...

Well the entire time in Portland was great. A number of places to eat very well. Lunch at Kenny & Zukes (home cured/smoked pastrami), cocktails at Teardrop Lounge, dinner at Veritable Quandry and of course dinner at Nostrana. Starters of the house charcuterie platter and the scamorza cheese with shiitakes accompanied by a very tasty rustic bread. The wood oven pizza was done perfectly with a nice char on the edges and bottom, perfect manicotti stuffed w/chicken and fontina cheese. Friends made a seafood paella one night as well. Happened upon a friend who is an olive oil provider to the NW at the PSU farmers market, and generally had a great time. Wouldn't hesitate a return trip or a strong recommendation for folks who like to eat. Thanks for the recs.

"I drink to make other people interesting".

I always get the Nostrana salad and always the fettucine if it's on the menu for the day. It's always very light so I never hesitate to order it with a pizza or main dish or worry that it will be too filling. The cannellini beans with albacore tuna and house giardiniera is always a must when we go too.

Pamela Wilkinson

www.portlandfood.org

Life is a rush into the unknown. You can duck down and hope nothing hits you, or you can stand tall, show it your teeth and say "Dish it up, Baby, and don't skimp on the jalapeños."

• 1 month later...