• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Excellent Mail-order for the holidays?

thereuare

I know i'm running late, but i'm looking for food related suggestions for holiday gifts to send clients this year (to thank them for their business). In the past, i've typically sent gift baskets, but i'm looking for something somewhat different this time around.

I was considering sending from Zingerman's this year (www.zingermans.com), but the minimum $12 shippng charge per client eats into the budget too much this year.

Has anybody received brownies, cheesecakes, cookies, etc. that they've thought were absolutely spectacular? If you know of some local store that sells an appropriate item that i could pick up and mail myself that would be great too.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Prob too late for you to do it for this year, but we sent 5# blocks of Hershey's chocolate with our firm's logo to some clients.

Well received in previous years.

Gary's Wines in Madison has several nicely made up baskets of cheeses and crackers, etc. I suspect they'd put anything you want in it, even hooch for NJ UPS deliveries.

Apparently it's easier still to dictate the conversation and in effect, kill the conversation.

rancho gordo

Caviarteria sells superb American caviar - with a pack of blini and some creme fraiche, what could be better? And the price is pretty reasonable.

Or how about good bottles of champagne? Depending on where clients are located, Gary's in Madison or Bernardsville could probably ship them. The Times did a great round-up recently of champagnes under $40; lots of good choices.

:biggrin: How about gift certificates to a restaurant!? We all offer them! Just call the restaurant of your choice and order them over the phone. They will be mailed out right away to either you or to the recipient. (this is standard policy)

Respectfully,

Betsy Alger :smile:

Proprietor of The Frog and The Peach

Elizabeth (Betsy) Alger

The Frog and The Peach

New Brunswick, NJ 08901

I heard some advertisements for Capalbo's. I know they are a local company but don't know anyone that has experience with their gift baskets.

They also advertise some other Lobster Gram company. 1-800-LIVE-LOB - I think is the number.