• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Daniel Rogov Passes Away

prasantrin

This saddens me deeply. I type this with tears streaming down my face. Daniel was always so kind and generous with his knowledge. I had contacted him on several occasions with questions for articles I was working on at the time. He always answered promptly, graciously and with his signature wit and encyclopedic knowledge on whatever the subject at hand might have been. He was kind enough to contribute a recipe or two as well. I am so sorry never to have met him personally, as I felt I knew him through our correspondence. The world is a sadder place without him. Of this I am certain.

My deepest condolences to his family and friends. I know he'll be missed. He already is in my world. :sad:

Godspeed and rest in Peace, Daniel. Know that you left this world a better place through your presence in it. Something we should all aspire to do with the same style and grace that he did.

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

Daniel Rogov was the only person (to this day) whose posts I read on eGullet no matter the topic. His breadth of knowledge was matched by a graciousness and civility that I can only aspire to. It was a pleasure to have crossed his path.