• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

St John – Which one?

mis

I have a dinner in London(Party of 4) and I want to go to St John, the question is, should I go to Bar&Restaurant or Bread&Wine?

Bread and wine looks more Tapas style and the menu looks more interesting, but Bar&Restaurant has the infamous Bone marrow dish. Anyone have opinions? Any advice on the 'must order' dishes would be greatly appreciated as well

I personally prefer the original in smithfield but there really isnt mush in it. The menu changes frequently so apart from the bone marrow i would suggest an eccles cake with cheese as they are divine (and more than suitable for sharing)and maybe some madeleines which they cook to order for you.... Have fun!

"Experience is something you gain just after you needed it" ....A Wise man