• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Old City Tonight

Rebecca263

If you like spicy Szechuan Chinese, Han Dynasty is fantastic in Old City. The Khyber Pass recently underwent a big change and is now a really good gastropub, I'm not sure they're fixed for wheelchair access but there is only (if I remember correctly) one step up to get in the door and then a step down into the dining room (with the bar area in between). Zahav is my favorite restaurant in the city and is nearby at 2nd and Dock St., but I don't know how a wheelchair would get up there unless you went in via 3rd St. Amada is also right down there and is very good.

I'm thinking Han Dynasty- been there so many times but that is because it's good. The wheelchair thing is new so I'm at a loss as to how to get in anywhere. Can't even get in and out of my house!

More Than Salt

Visit Our Cape Coop Blog

Cure Cutaneous Lymphoma

Join the DarkSide---------------------------> DarkSide Member #006-03-09-06

Han Dynasty is fantastic. I also like Kabul (afghani food) which is just a ways down from Han Dynasty on Chestnut. I don't remember there being any steps there.

If you are willing to go a bit further south, I am pretty sure that Zahav has a ramp up to the restaurant.

We went to Han Dynasty, of course. DELICIOUS, as always- the wheelchair business, though, NOT FUN in Old City! Hi, KA!

Thanks, everyone- I'm at Temple for radiation every weekday now, we may brave Old City again with the cursed wheels, now that we've seen it can be done.

More Than Salt

Visit Our Cape Coop Blog

Cure Cutaneous Lymphoma

Hi Rebecca! Hope your treatments go well. There's a ton of places that have already been suggested. Amada will always have a special place in my heart. Han Dynasty you've already explored. You could access Zahav if you went in via slightly uphill on 2nd Street from Spruce toward Society Hill Towers rather than attempting the stairs from near the Sheraton Society Hill. Call to confirm but I don't think there are stairs if you approach that way.

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

I think that whenever we have the ability to, we will hit up Old City for meals. Parking was cheap(except for the $30 ticket!) and there are many great places to eat.

Thanks, Katie! It's O/T but I'll just say that this illness is a steady road down- there's no cure and I'm stage 4B. I've been fighting hard for five years now and I hope to have a couple more! Yay!

More Than Salt

Visit Our Cape Coop Blog

Cure Cutaneous Lymphoma