• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Great Coffee in Midtown

DanM

One last question for everyone... Are there any really good coffee shops in midtown or central park area? It would be great if they roast and sell beans as I am always looking for good beans for home.

"Salt is born of the purest of parents: the sun and the sea." --Pythagoras.

Check out Stumptown (29th and Broadway, closer to Penn Station), Culture Espresso (38th and 6th, near Times Square), Joe the Art of Coffee (inside Grand Central and also on the UWS at 85th and Columbus), Zibetto (mostly espresso, closer to Central Park, on 6th Ave between 56th/57th). Momofuku Milk Bar Midtown also brews Stumptown (drip and cold brew, no espresso).

It really depends where you are -- Midtown is big.

"I'll put anything in my mouth twice." -- Ulterior Epicure

• 2 weeks later...

We stopped by Zibetto on Sunday. My wife had cioccolata caulda and I had a cafe macchiato. The ciccolata caulda was very rich and strong. The better of the two. The macchiato was great with a perfectly made shot of espresso. Definitely worth a stop.

This morning I stopped by Oren's Daily Roast on the way to the barber. The coffee of the day was Columbian and was quite good. A step up from the countless Starbucks in the area.

"Salt is born of the purest of parents: the sun and the sea." --Pythagoras.

• 2 weeks later...