• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eG Foodblogs: Coming Attractions

heidih

Cylindrical meat, cheese and cocktails = a winning blog

Agreed.

Could be Cape Cod . . . the deciduous tree colours are changing.

Peter Gamble aka "Peter the eater"

I just made a cornish game hen with chestnut stuffing. . .

Would you believe a pigeon stuffed with spam? . . .

Would you believe a rat filled with cough drops?

Moe Sizlack

What if the cheese squiggles on the cheese plate were curds (guessing here), the drink was an Old Fashioned, and the water was a lake?

I thought those were nuts - cashews maybe. And you have a point about the lake - the mustard and such - could be Michigan, Wisconsin or Minnesota.

The sliced cheese in one photo looks like provolone. (or it does the way I slice it! :laugh:

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett

It's not me either. Having a hard time placing that body of water. Could be a Great lake, could be Cape Cod, could be Long Island Sound... :unsure:

More clues please. I know it's someone that cocktails. Need more to go on.

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

Not sure where the water would come form in Texas - but possibly thirtyoneknots - he bartends, seems to love his Old Fashioned's - and with knot in his name might be a sailor.

Wait - nope - the official state of Old Fashioned's is Wisconsin - also the cheese curd - so who's in Wisconsin?

Edited by Kerry Beal (log)

It's definitely someone in Wisconsin then. I know they make their Old Fashioneds with brandy. In fact, once I learned that little factoid I put a Spanish brandy Old Fashioned on the cocktail list at my former place of employ. We called it an Old Fascist (courtesy of the droll mind of Philadining). :laugh:

Katie M. Loeb

Cheers!

That's the Orpheum Theater, so that's Madison, Wisconsin. Who's in Madison?? Come out of your hidey hole! I tried looking through the Drinks thread but couldn't find any matches for Madison. C'mon!! Give it up already!

Katie M. Loeb

Cheers!

I'd like to see that wonderful farm market, lots of cheese, Bucky Badger ice cream and some Frank Lloyd Wright.

Peter Gamble aka "Peter the eater"

I just made a cornish game hen with chestnut stuffing. . .

Would you believe a pigeon stuffed with spam? . . .

Would you believe a rat filled with cough drops?

Moe Sizlack