• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eG Foodblogs: Coming Attractions

heidih

Sharp photo, edible flowers, heirloom tomatoes, white asparagus, great color in the photography as well as a great photo setup ... I'm going to guess dcarch.

Wrong! :biggrin:

I hate white asparagus.

dcarch

Wrong! :biggrin:

I hate white asparagus.

dcarch

Dangit. I thought I had that one!

Well, then, I'm throwing my lot in with Annabelle and saying Europe, though I suppose it's got to be a pretty warm Mediterranean climate if it is Europe, seeing as how all those 'maters are already nice and ripe. Southern Spain, perhaps?

Edited by Rico (log)

White asparagus is very popular in Germany. They even have white asparagus museums.

I don't know if anyone would grow asparagus inside a greenhouse.

Judging from the squash blossoms, they look like home-grown.

If I have a greenhouse, I would grow early red tomatoes, not black ones, which are generally mid to late-season, I think.

dcarch

Somewhere in Europe or its south of the equator equivalent.

Im very very looking forward to the provenance of those tomatoes!

BTW: I have exterior roof drains on my house and every body else does and its New England.

sometimes 3 " of ice on them, but they work ...

Edited by rotuts (log)

Somewhere in Europe or its south of the equator equivalent.

Im very very looking forward to the provenance of those tomatoes!

BTW: I have exterior roof drains on my house and every body else does and its New England.

sometimes 3 " of ice on them, but they work ...

Typically not for urban commercial buildings. Also this city probably has not much rain fall, based on the size of the drians (also the balcony drain) nand the low sidewalk height.

dcarch

Edited by dcarch (log)