• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eG Foodblogs: Coming Attractions

heidih

Sooooo....... I know what the item at the top is because the member told me. Any guesses?

Easy . . . it's a roasted bird breast, or a baked tuber, or possibly a strange fish.

Peter Gamble aka "Peter the eater"

I just made a cornish game hen with chestnut stuffing. . .

Would you believe a pigeon stuffed with spam? . . .

Would you believe a rat filled with cough drops?

Moe Sizlack

...or possibly a strange fish.

I was thinking it looked like a fish with a big grin... must be happy about the way it was cooked.

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

Yes our next blogger is in fact Panaderia Canadiense! Please join her starting this Sunday October 30th.

Here are a few additional scenery shots to whet your appetites for adventure:

Teaser3.JPG

Teaser6.JPG

Teaser1.JPG

I am really looking forward to PanaCan's blog. It will be full of wonderful baked goods and foods which will make me drool with joy. Hooray for PanaCan!!!

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

OK, and just an explanatory note on the teaser photos. The fish that you were all wondering about was a red-bellied Piranha. Kerry - Tilapia have a very different body shape from that, and they're also much much bigger. I shall endeavor to eat a tilapia just for you during the blog! Apologies for the photo quality; it was taken with a first-generation camera phone.

That is indeed a Cuy, or rather, half a Cuy. And the twist of leaves are Ilex guayusa, a relative of Yerba Mate that's native to Ecuador's Amazon basin - it's for preparation of tisane (although Guayusa might actually fall into the realm of true tea, since it's full of caffeiney goodness.) I'll talk more about Guayusa in the blog itself, as it's one of my fave drinks when I can get it.

The three volcanoes (from the top: Chimborazo, Tungurahua, and Cotopaxi) are all visible from my house.

Elizabeth Campbell, baking 10,000 feet up at 1° South latitude.

My eG Food Blog (2011)My eG Foodblog (2012)