• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

"Los Secretos del Helado" by Angelo Corvitto – free download

teonzo

"Los Secretos del Helado" is in my opinion the best professional book ever written about ice-creams. Originally it was printed only in Spanish language, I searched the forum and in some past threads some users complained about this.

But now it's available for free download in English and Italian language:

http://www.angelocorvitto.com/ingles/libro/pdf.html

This is a mandatory book for all ice-cream makers.

Teo

Teo

Thank you for sharing that information.

Its what makes eGullet worthwhile.

The book looks to have lots of good stuff, but glancing through a couple of the chapters, there are a few typos and such.

A lot of effort has clearly gone into the 'look' of the thing ...

I look forward to studying it properly!

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch ... you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan

Thank you teonzo for alerting us all to this book. I've downloaded the first two sections and will work at it bit by bit until I have it all. Thanks.

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

I'm just being paranoid because I've been the past victim of getting my computer infected with viruses so can anybody confirm first confirm that the link is safe before I download it.

I've had it downloaded for just over 24 hours now with ostensibly no problems.

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

• 1 year later...

I seem to recall having downloaded the entire book a long time ago. Alas! I can't seem to find it. I'll look again.

And no, I can't get it to download now. :sad:

Very slow on the uptake. I see from posts above from August 2011 that I did download it all. And now I can't find it. Hvae been through my files twice.

Edited by Darienne (log)

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

I am sending by private email the contents of the ice cream book, downloaded legitimately two years ago, to two eGullet members. The book is huge and if there is anyone else who wants it, please tell me now. I don't have very high speed internet and it will be some work to send the chapters. No, I don't mind at all, but I am unlikely to do it twice.

Thanks.

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

I am still receiving requests for the book, so I will leave it another 24 hours before I begin to mail it out.

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

I sent you one as well, if I'm not too late!

Thank you.

If I receive a few more requests, I will mail the book out again. Or perhaps one of the persons to whom I mailed it and who has faster service than I do, will mail it to you.

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...