• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Michelin Guide 2012 – UK

Certainly Sat deserves his second. Our meal there has been the stand-out in the UK this year

I'm sure another star will do no harm to the forthcoming book sales ...

"Too many cowboys, only one Indian" (really!) due May 2012 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Too-many-cowboys-only-Indian/dp/095589302X/

{The book} "also offers the reader the exclusive benefit of being able to order dishes at Restaurant Sat Bains from the pages of the book, in addition to those on the current menu. "

Novel?

Yes (Really) and No, not Novel!

Certainly Sat deserves his second. Our meal there has been the stand-out in the UK this year

I'm sure another star will do no harm to the forthcoming book sales ...

"Too many cowboys, only one Indian" (really!) due May 2012 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Too-many-cowboys-only-Indian/dp/095589302X/

{The book} "also offers the reader the exclusive benefit of being able to order dishes at Restaurant Sat Bains from the pages of the book, in addition to those on the current menu. "

Novel?

Yes (Really) and No, not Novel!

Sat, it looks and sounds excellent on all levels. Just need Mr Kitching to release a book on his creations and i will be in heaven!,,

• 1 month later...

Seems to be not much discussion on the soon to be published Michelin Guide. Strange as usually eGullet is busy talking about Michelin. Is this a sign of Popularity slipping? Here is my guess. Ledbury to get a rising 3. Helene Darroze to get 3. Sat and Simon to finally get 2!? Heston's Dinner 1

I would have a guess at a demotion for pied a terre, based on the change of chef - tends to have a negative impact on stars.

Stars for John Campbell at Cowarth Park, Dinner, Koffmanns, Pollen St Social perhaps. Maybe a star for the vineyard at stockcross. Does The Star Harome win one back?

Who knows. Judging by the past few years, nothing too radical...

Only a few more days and all will be revealed

Martin

Two days, thats all to release date, and who knows it may be leaked on here tomorrow :shock:

Dinner is a nailed on star. We are long overdue a revisit to L;enclume but have always claimed two stars is Simon Rogans level.

Too late for Roganic me thinks, but its definitely star quality.

Medlar is star quality, and I have fingers crossed for those guys as they have the mix just right.

I may be wrong, but I can't imagine Michelin ignoring Jason Atherton's Pollen Street Social, even though it has had mixed reviews.

I am prepared to be surprised, as I look forward immensely to new additions that we may not have visited. Although having said that, for me, that is becoming more and more difficult each year.

Me thinks Helene Darroze already at two stars is generous enough. Nice as our meal was on our visit, it did not blow me away. In fact I don't even think I wrote it up, which speaks volumes really.

"So many places, so little time"

http://londoncalling...blogspot.co.uk/

@d_goodfellow1

Agree with Medlar. Had an amazing lunch not long after your visit David. it was exceptional! Food and Service. Think Orwell's at Shiplake will also get a star. I hope The White Hart Village Inn, Llangybi gets recognition as the food and service is definitely as good as any. Maybe a bib gourmand for them.

Bit of a late response to Simon, but I'd be shocked if Gregan's doesn't get a star this year. There won't be any movement in the North. Looks like another year with no Michelin stars for NI. The inspectors were out in force here but with all the eating I've done here, no one meets the requirements this year (unless we get a pity star). Expecting Chris Bell to possibly bring one to the River Room at Galgorm in 2013 but he's taken over in the kitchen a month or two, so definitely won't be this year.

Just read your review, Chris had left the kitchen by then at Longridge as I interviewed him in early April and he was finishing up there in mid-late April at most, so not to spring to defend him, but he wouldn't have been in the kitchen. There isn't really anyone else here in North who has that drive to want a star right now. Maybe the Boathouse would like to get one, but I haven't eaten there yet, next on my list to do.

i was hearing midday release?

chef hermes had a few rumours yesterday. 2 new 2 stars the chinese kai and simon radley at chester grosvenor

Simon Radley and Kai are in no way two star material. I reviewed both a while back.

Still you never know, stranger things have happened.

"So many places, so little time"

http://londoncalling...blogspot.co.uk/

@d_goodfellow1

indeed the other was a pub in derbyshire the peacock at rowsey, which local thom hetherington also said must mave raised game to get a star.

all i know about kai is it was friend's favourite restaurant, i looked at prices and thought better of it!

you don't win friends with salad