• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Moghrabieh

Hello.

I bought a package of Moghrabieh, I never cooked it before but I had it different times what is called Israeli couscous in restaurants.

I use it for this recipe but I didn't like the texture, after 15 minutes it felt soft outside but raw inside, not al dente. Too much cooking and didn't have a nice bite, like a pasta made of soft wheat. It is just a matter of brand? I bought Alwadi, or I'm expecting to behave like pasta and it's not the case? The fregola, the Sardinian couscous, has a different texture. The times a had it in restaurants was always pleasing.

Thanks for any tips on this. I was planning to use it in salads not steamed in the traditional way,