• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Where to eat in Eastern Washington (e.g. Walla Walla, Yakima)

I can't recall much of note in Prosser for food, although my favourite Washington winery, Davenlore, is there (need to arrange ahead to visit). There is an ok brewpub in Sunnyside - Snipes Mountain. For food in the Yakima Valley your best bet may be Tri-Cities, not that they are a gastronomic Mecca. Sushi Ya is pretty good, considering the distance from the coast. Lots of chains and not too exciting Mexican. Ice Harbor Brewing has good beer, dive food, and a low-brow ambiance. I wasn't too fond of their other gastro pub location, but maybe it has changed. Atomic Ale has somewhat better food but not as good beer.

I have heard of wildly different experiences at the Tagaris winery restaurant. But if the weather is nice, sitting outside on the patio is worthwhile. If you have had your fill of wine the cocktails are decent. Chez Chas is a long time local standard. I never tried Blue Moon but it is supposed to be good. Anthony's at Columbia Point in Richland is a chain but ok sea food.

Oh yeah, I like the Thai at the King and I. Some things you don't see at other places.

Be sure to check out some of the older, funkier wineries in the Red Mountain area. Then grab a coffee at Indulgences in West Richland.

It's almost never bad to feed someone.

• 6 years later...
On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2011 at 1:34 AM, haresfur said:

I can't recall much of note in Prosser for food, although my favourite Washington winery, Davenlore, is there (need to arrange ahead to visit).

It's a few years late for the OP, but for anyone else coming through tasting the best restaurant in Prosser is Wine o'clock Wine Bar and Bistro/Bunnell Cellars in the wine tasting village off of Exit 80. The menu is short, but they do their best to use fresh, local ingredients. I haven't found a better restaurant in the entire Yakima Valley, but I've only been over here for nine years or so.

• Like 2

M. Thomas