• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Caterer?

zoeadler

Hi,

A friend of mine is getting married in Stuart, FL (near West Palm and Boca) and needs a kick ass caterer. She doesn't want a traditional thing - more BBQ or bonfires...something beachy and casual. But really good food. If anyone has any ideas, it would be much appreciated. Thanks!!

Zoe

Bobby Rubino's caters for ribs and such, but I don't know if they'll go that far north, as they're based in Pompano Beach. They do a good job. (No, I'm not affiliated, I just drink there occassionally!)

"Commit random acts of senseless kindness"

Don't know what kind of budget she has, or whether she's already got the venue, but if it makes sense, have her contact Ellis Cooley at the West Palm Beach Marriott (he's director of food there now) - he's just relocated to Florida from Cleveland's AMP 150 and he is an amazing food person and Chef - he can make her dream come true no matter what type of food she wants, and I believe the Marriott is beach front.

"Life is Too Short to Not Play With Your Food" 

My blog: Fun Playing With Food