• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sticky Rice, DC, Tater Tot Secret Sauce?

Eman57

So ive been hearing good things about a restaurant called Sticky Rice in Washington DC. I have heard amazing things about their Tater Tot Secret Sauce, I was wondering if anyone out the knew what its ingredients might be.

Edited by Eman57 (log)

My wife and I spent a lot of time eating at Sticky Rice in Richmond, and I believe the sauce is just a mixture of mayo and Sriracha. I've combined the two at home and it's very close to what we ate there.

And I'm sure you've already heard, but the Sticky Balls are a must-try. They are pretty crazy...deep fried inari pockets with tuna, crab and sriracha rice, topped with wasabi sauce, eel sauce and tobiko. Late night craving all-star dish.

Jerry

Kansas City, Mo.

Unsaved Loved Ones

My eG Food Blog- 2011