• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Suburban Detroit dining recs

Betts

Its college reunion time and it's been a long time since I lived in the Detroit area. Does anyone know of a place for at least 8 people and maybe up to 14 to have a reunion? I'd like the noise level suitable for conversation or even better a nook or room that would accommodate us. Any kind of cuisine, price not a hugh factor, but good food and drinks.

If there is chef/ owner/ waiter who can recommend his/her place - I'll probably book with them.

First place that comes to mind would be Forest Grill in Birmingham, which seems like it would meet your requirements handily (though I can't vouch for how "east" it is...everything's relative). If there's a time crunch, I'd call them sooner rather than later, especially if it's going to be for a weekend night.