• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Eats on the Road – Oregon to Northern California

Mjx

• 1 month later...

I wanted to thank everybody (belatedly) for their great suggestions: We ended up eating at Novak's, Local Ocean, Larrupin Cafe, and Samoa Cookhouse. We didn't make it to New Sammy's, because at the point in our route that we could have managed it, I was just starting antibiotic treatment for a strep throat, and wasn't up to anything like swallowing solids. Next time, I guess.

We ate at several other places, including lunch at Crater Lake Lodge, and at Marché, in Eugene (and would definitely return to both), and dinner at Frascati, in San Francisco, which has blown us away both times we ate there.

Already looking forward to our next trip out there :smile:

Michaela, aka "Mjx"
Manager, eG Forums
mscioscia@egstaff.org

Tomales Bay is in a wonderful food area and you could/should spend a few days around there.

This is my recommendation as well. I always ride the bike on highway 1 on my way up to my friend's farm in Point Arena. The trip is 2 days and I always stop in Tomales bay and stay the night!

Crab will be in full swing on your visit and you must get it while you're over here!

Sleep, bike, cook, feed, repeat...

Chef Facebook HQ Menlo Park, CA

My eGullet Foodblog

Tomales Bay is in a wonderful food area and you could/should spend a few days around there.

This is my recommendation as well. I always ride the bike on highway 1 on my way up to my friend's farm in Point Arena. The trip is 2 days and I always stop in Tomales bay and stay the night!

Crab will be in full swing on your visit and you must get it while you're over here!

It sounds great... but for now this is just a tempting note in my 'Trip plan' document, because it's going to be a while before I can make the trip 1/3 of the way around the world again, probably a year or so. And, I'm hoping that next time, I won't be dying by inches, and can eat a lot more.

Michaela, aka "Mjx"
Manager, eG Forums
mscioscia@egstaff.org