• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eG Foodblog: rarerollingobject (2011) - Mealtimes at the University of

Thanks Kate,

Really wonderful. Nice to see things over the other side of the bridge (must get my visa sorted out and visit :raz: )

If we keep this type of foodblog up, everyone will want to move here to Sydney.

Nick Reynolds, aka "nickrey"

"The Internet is full of false information." Plato
My eG Foodblog

All I can say is "WOW." Every week I want to go somewhere else to live, depending on where the blog is originating from!!!!

Like I said to johnnyd; I'll be waiting at the airport to meet you! You'll recognise me because I'll be holding two different things to eat, one in each hand, while looking desirously at whatever food the person next to me has. :wink:

OK, who is ready to sign-up for the eGullet trip to visit Kate for a culinary tour of the places highlighted in this blog? :biggrin:

Kate, thank you for a wonderful blog and torturing us with images which will linger in our minds. :raz:

Edited by percyn (log)

Anna and I saw the price on those Wagyu steaks and were ready to head in your direction - then realized the airfare would increase the cost rather significantly. Loved your week - wish you could do another couple!

All I can say is "WOW." Every week I want to go somewhere else to live, depending on where the blog is originating from!!!!

Like I said to johnnyd; I'll be waiting at the airport to meet you! You'll recognise me because I'll be holding two different things to eat, one in each hand, while looking desirously at whatever food the person next to me has. :wink:

OK, who is ready to sign-up for the eGullet trip to visit Kate for a culinary tour of the places highlighted in this blog? :biggrin:

I'm in. A stellar blog! Thank you so much for the effort you put into sharing your culinary world with the rest of us. Inspiring!

Thanks for an educational and fun week, Kate! You ARE, indeed, "Rare", and me thinks you took along many "rolling objects" on your trip. :smile:

Dejah

www.hillmanweb.com

RRO, thanks for a WONDERFUL week. Due to my financial situation, I'll never be able to visit Sydney, but you've given me ammo for my dreams!

"Commit random acts of senseless kindness"

Inspirational!

The breakfast tagine sounds like a great mix to share, but I can see the "food coma" issue if one still has planms for the day ;) The panade looks and sounds like a superior comfort dish that I will try in cooler weather - cavalo nero is one of my favorite greens.

I truly truly thank you for taking the time to share your week :wub:

Thanks so much, Kate. What a great week of insight into the food scene in Sydney!

There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who are good at math and those who aren't.

Ooooh before this gets closed I have to mention that incredible huge basket of long cinnamon sticks - a work of art! I bet everyone just leans over, inhales deeply, and bobs back up smiling.

That was a great vicarious experience thank you! I also appreciated the Herbies shots - I've often looked at their website, thinking about ordering hard-to-find herbs and spices. I had some Australian herbs once, and developed a taste for Lemon Myrtle...tempted to order some of Herbies' Balmain & Rozelle blend.

Wow.

Your blog has been a lot of things-----educational, fun, delicious, beautiful, and inspiring.

Thanks so much for the effort. You've done more for Australian culinary tourism this week than the government $ has done in years.

Cheers, Ian

Amazing read!

I have decided to live another 100 years longer so that I can enjoy all the wonderful food and visit all the remarkable places in your part of the world.

Thank you. You are a great writer and a very creative cook.

dcarch

It can't be over. :sad:

This is my skillet. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My skillet is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it, as I must master my life. Without me my skillet is useless. Without my skillet, I am useless. I must season my skillet well. I will. Before God I swear this creed. My skillet and myself are the makers of my meal. We are the masters of our kitchen. So be it, until there are no ingredients, but dinner. Amen.

Kate, what a week! Thanks so much for taking the time to share your world with us. I'm still trying to not be too jealous of your markets and have decided to just enjoy your beautiful pictures, mashed-up cuisines and fun writing. It was truly enjoyable to follow along.

To all our readers, if you're a participating member and would like to take a turn at sharing your culinary world with us, please send me a note to discuss doing an eG Foodblog. Thanks!