• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pizza, on the grill, with a pizza stone

Rodi

My brother in law, kind man that he is, gave us a Weber gas grill (Spirit E310) earlier this summer, along with a bunch of accessories, including a pizza stone. First pizza was ok (toppings great, crust, ugh) but they keep getting better. I take out the flavor racks and let the grill get up to heat (600+ degrees F), then I put the pizza stone all the way to the back, centered left to right. I let the stone get hot (about 20 minutes) then prepare the pie. Thin crust pizza (Sallys fan here) is my favorite. They cook with char under four minutes.

I have just received from Sourdough International their Italian starters, so next weekend, I will report with pictures the pizzas.

Man I love Pizza!