• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Home Alone Drinks

weinoo

Larry - if you've got Cynar - try this one (had it at a heartland gathering - loved it - never made the cocktail but did make a chocolate filling from it).

Smoke 'n Choke Cocktail

2 ounces smoke bourbon (four roses)

½ ounce grade B maple syrup

1 dropper cynar

3 dashes peychauds bitters

orange rind

Stir over ice until thoroughly chilled, strain onto large ice cube. Twist orange rind and rim glass with it.

Source: Manifesto Kansas City | 1 servings

Sounds good, I'll check it out. I don't have smoked bourbon but that would be easy enough to remedy. My lazy side is wondering if using a few of the smoked ice cubes I have in the freezer in the stir would work... :biggrin:

I'm sure they would.

Another advantage to drinking alone at home is you can make and drink stuff you wouldn't order out in public. Like a Cosmopolitan. I'll make them at home for me. But order in a bar? No. :unsure::hmmm:

Jeff Meeker, aka "jsmeeker"

Another advantage to drinking alone at home is you can make and drink stuff you wouldn't order out in public. Like a Cosmopolitan. I'll make them at home for me. But order in a bar? No. :unsure::hmmm:

I knew it! I always suspected when I was at a bar and somebody was looking down their nose at my Jet Pilot while they tried not to make faces while sipping on straight whiskey that they were secretly wishing they were secure enough to order what I was having! :raz::biggrin:

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.