• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Locro Ideas Wanted

My GF's cousin was visiting from Argentina, and she made a locro. It was the first time I had the dish, and her's left something to be desired, probably because the ingredients were poorly chosen (she didn't know where to get certain items and her substitutes were poor choices) and the stew was watery and weak, although the flavor wasn't too bad.

I checked a number of recipes on line and finally created one of my own. My GF thought it was pretty good, but we both agreed it needed fine tuning.

So, I'd like some locro ideas - any interesting ingredients, especially sausage ideas or sources for a good, Argentinean-style chorizo colorado, suggestions for spices, etc.

Thanks for any help!

... Shel